Monday, February 22, 2016

53rd Week Out, Week 1 Mondubim, Transferred to Southwest Fortaleza

Dear family and friends; 

The impossible happened this week, I was saying goodbye to my companion Elder Azevedo, and then 8:00pm at night I get a call saying I would be transferred tomorrow at 7:00am!  I didn't have time to tell anyone I would be leaving...  Leaving Juazeiro broke my heart.   After 8 months, I had to leave my best friends in the world.  I was just devastated and more that I couldn't even say goodbye to ANYONE..... 

I lost my P-day that's why I didn't email last week.   I spent it on that 10 hour bus ride as now I will be serving here in a ghetto city of Fortaleza.  My new companion is Elder Crispim.  He is also a native Brasilian, the only member in his family.  He is 19 and from Santa Catarina.  He has been out 6 months on his mission and all 6 months have been in the same area he is now.  I'm now here in Mondubim with him.  I'm the District leader now.  I have an area that is super small which is only like a couple streets, very different from Juazeiro.  I am serving in a favela (which is a ghetto) so no more pictures as it's no longer safe for me to carry my camera around.  Two sisters in my district were already assaulted this week!  

I miss and long for Juazeiro.  I love the people there and they are all I can think about.  It's been so hard to accept the fact that I'm not there anymore..... 

I love you all and thank you for all your love and support!

Impressions of Mondubim Brasil
  • The roads here are a dirt and rock mixture that by the end of the day does a number on your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment