Monday, April 6, 2015

8th Week - (Week 2 in Fayetteville, Arkansas)


Hello All!

This week I have been getting into the flow of being a missionary.  So if you haven't seen, I live in a mansion and by now I have had the opportunity of going to 2 other missionary apartments.  I feel so bad for everyone else because their apartments are small, smell like smoke, and they live with 4 missionaries.  Meanwhile, me and my companion have a mansion to ourselves!  We don't even have to clean because they have a maid!  I'm so spoiled! It is funny though because I'm going to be going to the best of the best in a stateside mission to the worst of the worst in a foreign mission... so I'm definitely living it up while I can!  I mean literally... I woke up one of the days this week and we have a balcony so I go outside and there is deer!  We live in the forest and it's so peaceful!  Also spring has started here and everything is blooming!  

Anyways, I have been working hard to keep my language study up!  I'm starting to realize though when I go to Brazil I'm going to have to rely on Heavenly Father to help me out!  I know he will though!  There is a member here in one of our Wards who actually served his mission in Sao Paulo Brazil so he speaks Portuguese to me!  He's going to have me over for dinner this week to tell me more about his mission!  

I Loved to be able to listen to conference in English!  I got a lot out of it!  I hope you did to!  If you did not get the chance to listen to Elder Jeffrey R Hollands talk,  I would invite you to go and listen to it!  Here is the link:

I loved conference! It was interesting on how much they talked about families in the world today!  Since it was Easter weekend I find it appropriate to talk about our Savior Jesus Christ.  He endured trials that no man can begin to comprehend!  On the day He was put on the cross He was spat on, hit, slapped, kicked, mocked, He bled out of EVERY pore, He was wiped and I have heard that if you whip a man 33 times it kills him...so they wiped Jesus 32 times ON TOP of everything else! And all these people that were mocking and hitting and torturing Him.... He was atoning for THEM for THEIR sins which they were doing to Him!  

I want to share one my favorite quotes I heard at an EFY in Hawaii; "It was not the nails that held Jesus on the cross... but it was His love for us" because we know that Jesus had the power to come down off that cross if He wanted to but He stayed on the cross Because He loved us!  Jesus TRULY payed the ULTIMATE price so that we can be forgiven of our sins and live again with Him some day!  Just as He lives again!  I love OUR Savior Jesus Christ! I LOVE HIM!  I hope we all can truly appreciate more fully the love that our Savior has for us! he does understand us all no matter how different our circumstances may be... He knows us all individually!  I Love you all and I am so grateful for all of your love, prayers, and support for me!  
-Elder Horton

Impressions of Fayetteville Arkansas
  • Everyone and their dog works at Walmart; we have Walmart, gas station Walmart, the Walmart headquarters, the first Walmart, the Walmart museum, super Walmart, Walmart supermarkets, pretty much Walmart owns everything!
Thrift shop game on point with Elder Murdock Another Elder in my Zone

There was 3 Deer right outside our house!


No comments:

Post a Comment