Tuesday, April 21, 2015

10th Week - (4th Week in Fayetteville, Arkansas!) Still waiting for Visa to Brazil

Language study has been rough!

Mas eu se que eu no posso falar Portugese sem o dom do tongs.

Dear Family and Friends
       
This week I went on an exchange with Prarie Grove and man...  that is in the middle of no where with a population of around 30,000!  I had a great day there with Elder Hardman.  They don't really have a car in their area, so we rode bikes everywhere.  We found great success that day and I was able to invite 3 people to be baptized in their area and they accepted!  I can't wait until this starts to happen in my area.  So I went on splits this week with a member in my ward Brother Carmac while my companion went with another member.  But man this man is BOLD!  We went tracting..., I will knock on peoples doors and if they don't answer he will knock on their windows around the house, ring the doorbell a lot until they come out!  He would tell me, "You see that person walking to their car... run and  stop them before they make it."  Like this man just does not care what the circumstance may be, he will get their attention and talk to them about the gospel.  Of course he is friendly and polite but... WOW!  It has however been good for helping me become more bold.  Before I came out on the mission I could not go up to any random person and just relate something to the gospel to their life, but that is my life now!  I talk to everyone anywhere I go.  

I never thought I would be out here in Fayyetteville, Arkansas which is like the middle of no where, but here I am!  I love it out here though it is starting to get pretty humid and hot!  This week we have had thunderstorms all week!  I love it! 

This Sunday me and my companion had to split because we had investigators going to both wards.  I went to Fayetteville 2nd Ward and he went to YSA Ward.  It was sooooooo weird to be at church without my companion!  I was with a member of course but it was still weird!  

I don't have much to report because we have been basically working on building our teaching pool out here.  It's hard work out here!  Everyone usually already has a church that they go to and so it's very hard to find people to teach, plus the wards are not very active out here.  We do have a couple progressing investigators though who took the commitment to be baptized and we are in the guiding stage to help them find out if the Book of Mormon is true.  I pray multiple times a day that they do.  My life is great!  I'm so grateful for this time that I have to serve a mission!  I Love you all!  Thank you for all your love and support!

Impressions of Fayetteville Arkansas
  • GREEN!  Everything is green out here because of the humidity!
  • Every single street consists of several dead animals.  You're always swerving when your driving so you don't hit them.
My current address
6111 Jana PL
Fayetteville, AR 72704


EMAIL address: brennen.horton@myldsmail.net 
A little rest...

Irony - Cemetery!

My Mission is called the Tulsa Oklahoma Mission.
 It encompasses 4 different states.
(Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and Missouri)



No comments:

Post a Comment