Thursday, August 13, 2015

26th Week Out, 6th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Dear family and friends;

I have been out 6 months now!  Crazy that 1/4 of my mission is already gone!  This week I don’t have much to talk about, but I went on an exchange with my district leader in Crato.
His name is Elder Jardine.  He is American and he is TALL.  He’s like 6
foot 6, and yes he plays basketball.  We play basketball, volleyball,
and soccer of course on almost every P-day.  You have to realize too
that here in Brasil, everyone is pretty small so even I am a giant.
But Elder Jardine just towers over everyone!  


I have started using the onibus here quite regularly because our area is so far from our house.
Our area is 30 minutes by foot from our house.  The Bus here in Brasil
is ALWAYS PACKED and I mean PACKED!  I will be literally smashed up
against a person from every side!  There’s no breathing room at all!  I
can't believe these buses run with how many people and how much weight
they carry!  


This week was very cool as I have gone on splits with Joao
Neto then Kid I baptized.  He really has a testimony!  This week he was
like,  "We need to go on an exchange so we can go and talk with all of my
friends because I want to share this gospel with them!"  So that’s
exactly what we did and now we are teaching his friends and some
already have baptismal dates!  My first baptism, Joao Neto this week
has told me that he wants to serve a mission just like me.  I now have
this wonderful opportunity to help him serve a mission one day!


Brothers and sisters, there is NOTHING in this world that does or EVER
will bring me more joy than this church.  Oh how I KNOW its true!  Oh
how I am so lucky to have it in my life.  I want to share it with
everyone!  I love you all and thank you for all of your love and
support!

Impressions of Juazeiro

  1. There’s a great white statue on the top of the Hill here in Juazeriocalled Padre Cicero.  The statue on top is of a man named Padre Cicero which is like 75 feet tall!  They light up this statue at night and it can be seen all throughout Juazeiro!  The name of the mountain it sits on is "HORTO" so when people ask what for my name I tell them its just like mountain Padre Cicero but you add an "n".
     Elder Horton with Elder Jardine.  He is American and he is 6
    foot 6 inches tall, and yes he plays basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment