Friday, September 11, 2015

30th Week Out, 10th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Dear family and friends;

This week transfer calls came and we had 8 other missionaries sleeping in our house... It was crazy!  I felt bad because some slept on the tile floor!

But anyways, I said bye to my beloved companion Elder Hwang.  He is now the assistant to the President which makes sense because he was such a good missionary, GREAT missionary!  Elder Hwang taught me so much about life, being a missionary, and the gospel.  He made missionary work so much fun, like it's supposed to be! I'm a better missionary and Man because of him.  He goes home here in a couple weeks!  I'm really going to miss him for all he has done for me!  

I now have my first Brazilian companion by the name of Elder Moraes.  He is 19 years old and has 9 months in his mission.  He´s from Sao Paulo.  He has one older sister.  She was the first one to join the church in his family at the age of JUST 12 years old!  Because of her, Elder Moraes' family is all in the gospel today.  He ONLY speaks Portuguese, no English, so I know this is an opportunity for me to improve on my Portuguese.  

At this point in my mission I know that I can teach the gospel and what we believe com certeza!  I can talk about the gospel all day in Portuguese, but when it comes to regular things in life, that have nothing to do with the gospel… I'm soooooo lost (hahaha.)  

I'm so happy in my life.  One thing I've realized about serving a mission is that… it doesn't Automatically make your life amazing for when you return.  Serving a mission teaches you how to become awesome everyday so that when you return you can make an amazing life! 

Brothers and sisters, I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (O evangelho de Jesus Cristo Dos Santos Dos Ultimos Dias) is Jesus Christ´s church here on the earth today, and I'm so glad to be a part of it!  I Iove you all and thank you for all your love and support!

Impressions of Juazeiro
  1. All the kids ride bikes in the streets here and they LOVE doing wheelies!  They will just ride down streets doing wheelies and it's really funny when people start doing wheelies down the SMALL streets of Brazil with MOTORCYCLES!  Crazy man!  
  2. In Brasil, when ambulances are driving down the street with sirens and flashing lights... cars don't get out of the way!
Address:
Rua Republica da Armenia 765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-CE
Brazil

(Note mail in Brazil is regulated as you might have heard, packages and even letters have a high chance of being opened if you do not cover the letter or package in pictures of Jesus and Catholic Mary. Shipping takes about a month time sometimes longer.




This is the church biulding out here in Brasil! Its honestly the nicest looking church here in Juazeiro! Almost everyone knows where it is even if they arent mormon! You cant miss it!

My new companion! Elder Moraes!

No comments:

Post a Comment