Wednesday, September 16, 2015

31st Week Out, 11th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Dear Family and friends;

This week I hit 7 months and time just continues to fly.  This week was filled with miracles.  So a while back I was on a street looking for a man that someone referenced to me, but with the directions given to me, I was brought to a road but didn't know what house.   I felt prompted to talk to a lady in the street and ask her if she knew him.  Her name was Rosa.  She didn't know where he lived but she told me that she had a cousin that was a member of our church, and it seemed that she knew a lot about Mormons.  I asked if one day I could come by her house and share a message with her, which she accepted.  Now we started passing by her house and teaching her like an investigator, but after 3 or 4 visits, she revealed to us that she was a member of the church 10 years ago but fell away.  She had lived in Sao Paulo and moved here so she was not on the church records because no one knew where she lived.  Brothers and sisters, I invited her to "come back" and this last Sunday,  after 10 years, she sat next to me in church.  We knocked nearly every door on her street but we never found that man on her street... 

I now know that Heavenly Father sent me there for her.  My joy was so great yet again this Sunday, to have Rosa in church with her son.  During sacrament meeting Joao Neto and Thiago both stood up and were called to be ward missionaries for Juazeiro.  

Brothers and Sisters, this is the church of Jesus Christ here on the earth today.  It changes everyones life for the better!  Miracles DO happen and will continue to happen until that glorious day that our Savior comes again!  I love you all and thank you for all your love and support!

Impressions of Juazeiro Brasil
Walmarts here don't have anything American, not  food, clothes, nothing! you would forget its Walmart without the logo.


Address:
Rua Republica da Armenia 765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-CE
Brazil

(Note mail in Brazil is regulated as you might have heard, packages and even letters have a high chance of being opened if you do not cover the letter or package in pictures of Jesus and Catholic Mary. Shipping takes about a month time sometimes longer.





No comments:

Post a Comment