Tuesday, September 1, 2015

29th Week Out, 9th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Dear family and friends;

This week we had a visit by Apostle Elder Neil L. Anderson.  He had a devotional for all of Juazeiro do Norte on Wednesday night and people came from all over Brasil to listen to him! We had over one thousand people here in our tiny capella.  I was in the estacionamento (parking lot) parking cars from 4-10!  He gave everyone there that night an opportunity to come up and shake his hand.  It was crazy to see a line going out of the building of people who wanted to shake his hand! 

Thursday he had a devotional that was only with the missionaries!  I had the opportunity to shake his hand as well.  He spoke in Portuguese and also spoke in English a times and had a translator.  I would like to share a story that his wife spoke about.  She said, "Back when we had family home evening, we didn't have the Internet, so what we did was every Monday night, we would read a talk given by one of the quorum of the 12 or 1st presidency, those men who we sustain as prophets and apostles. Every time we received a copy of the Ensign ( talks given by the quorum of the 12 and 1st  presidency), it was precious to us.  I took this Ensign and went to a copy place because we didn't have one at home.  I made copies for each of our children.  When I finished the lady totaled all the copies and told me the total was $50.00 (back then that was a high price to pay.)  In that moment I felt that this price was to much... I then recalled feeling sick to my stomach that I had put a price on the gospel."  She then said, "It is work EVERYTHING to have the words of the prophets in my house.  It blesses me, my children, my grandchildren." 

Brothers and sisters I too know that we have a Prophet on the earth again today and his name is Thomas S. Monson.  I know he along with his counselors and quorum of the 12 have been set apart as special witnesses of Christ. I know Neil L. Anderson is an apostle of God as well.   I was able to feel the convincing power as I listened to him speak.  The Holy Ghost testifies of truth and it was so strong as I listened to him.  I cannot deny the feeling that I felt, nor could anyone persuade me to say he is not an apostle of God.  I KNOW this church is the church of Jesus Christ here on the earth.  Brothers and sisters, thank you for all of your love and support!


Impressions of Juazeiro
-Days that are freaking quente (HOT) here and HUMID really stink walking around BUT it makes my freezing showers a little less miserable.


Address:
Rua Republica da Armenia 765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-CE
Brazil

(Note mail in Brazil is regulated as you might have heard, packages and even letters have a high chance of being opened if you do not cover the letter or package in pictures of Jesus and Catholic Mary. Shipping takes about a month time sometimes longer.



there was some kind of Festa aqui? mais Eu nao sei porque or para que? mais foi legal man!


So we went to the mall close to our area and they had a SUBWAY AND MCDONALDS, the funny thing is in the U.S. I would never eat McDonalds but... out here when you havent had an american burger in SOO long. McDonalds is Heaven!

Elder Camargo My favorite brasilian came down because the of  apostle!

No comments:

Post a Comment