Monday, December 7, 2015

43rd Week Out, 23rd week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Dear family and friends;

This week was crazy!  Started off the week by going to teach an investigator that lived WAYYYYY out on the outskirts of Juazeiro.  We had been there one time at night when he took us in his car, but this week we had to take the bus.  There is only one bus and it's not even a bus, it's a van and it was packed because it's the only bus that goes to this place in the day so everyone that wants to go has to fit in this bus.  That was very uncomfortable, but anyways, we are on this bus and people got off and we continued, and people got off, and it got to the point where it was just me and my companion on this Bus.  The driver stopped and said, "Are you guys getting off?"  I was like "no why?" and he's like "Because this is the last stop, I'm going home now."  So I asked him if he knew where a soccer court that I remembered was close to the house of our investigator, and he's like "Yea.... it's like 30 minutes maybe more wayyyy back" where we had stopped a while ago.  We got off and he drove away.  He dropped us off in the middle of nowhere.   I looked in all directions and saw nothing... just a dirt road that looked like it went on forever!  We ended up walking back and finding this investigators house after A LOT of walking in a lot of nowhere.

This week me and my companion had worked REAL hard with helping the people we`re teaching understand the importance of the day of the Lord.  We had 14 Investigators we are teaching in church Sunday!  It was crazy to keep track of all them!

I am so happy to be able to stay here in  Juazeiro a little while longer.  I love my companion Elder Azevedo.   He's just like me how we have no fear to talk to anyone about anything, so we like to have fun with all the people we are teaching!  We help people realize we are normal people too.

I love my life here and I thank you all for all your love and support you send!

Impressions of Brasil:
- They have knock off buses here, people that drive around all the buss stops in their vans.(topike)

Address:
Rua Republica da Armenia 765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-CE
Brazil

(Note mail in Brazil is regulated as you might have heard, packages and even letters have a high chance of being opened if you do not cover the letter or package in pictures of Jesus and Catholic Mary. Shipping takes about a month time sometimes longer.

The middle of nowhere.
This is why you USE Sun Block...
Just some random statues

Pizza de calabresa (the best kind of pizza)
Members in Brazil




























No comments:

Post a Comment