Monday, December 28, 2015

45th Week Out, 25th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Feliz Natal e um ano novo!

     Sorry to everyone, I haven't sent an email in a while, Things have been crazy. Anyways these past couple of weeks we have been working with a man named Junior. the way we found him was really cool. So I never nock doors here in Brazil because I always have other ways of getting to know people, but this day in particular I was walking in the road when I had an Impression that I should nock on a door (Juniors Door, but at the time I didn't know who lived there) And I felt like I should ask if a less active by the name of Eduardo lived here... So we knocked on the door and within 2-3 seconds Junior answered the Door and before we could say anything he was like "hey! come on in!" so we started talking with him and he seemed to be upset about something; he revealed to us that he has a problem with drinking and that he wants to stop but he's tried so many times and it never happens.  We revealed to him what it says in 1Nephi 3:7


E aconteceu que eu, Néfi, disse a meu pai: Eu irei e cumprirei as ordens do Senhor, porque sei que o Senhor nunca dá ordens aos filhos dos homens sem antes prepararum caminho pelo qual suas ordens possam ser cumpridas.
(Your going to have to translate that or look it up in the Book of mormon)

But this scripture says I will go and do the things which the lord hath commanded for I know that the lord giveth no commandment save he prepare a way before hand.

I know that Junior would stop drinking because the lord doesn't give us a commandment we cant fulfill. So we worked hard with Junior to stop his drinking and I mean HARD, let me explain his situation: He lives ONE street over from the bar of his cousin who is constantly inviting him to come drink. His dad, and whole family drinks and they have like family outings a the bar drinking together! Let me tell you it was not easy, many times we had to go into the Bar and get him to find him drunk... But brothers and sisters we got him to stop drinking and till today he will be almost 2 weeks without drinking and still going strong, and thats a lot for a man who drunk EVERY SINGLE DAY!  He wanted to stop so bad but he has SOOO many bad influences in his life but Junior has given up that life. He was baptized and confirmed this Sunday and he was SOOO happy you should have seen the smile on his face. He has a wife and a little girl 6 years old. His family is so much better, They went on vacation for christmas and had so much fun together! I love this time I have brothers and sisters to watch peoples lives change for the better. Junior did a 180% with his life. I love you all and thank you for all your love and support!

Impressions of Juazeiro Brasil:

  • Prisoners are allowed to go home for Christmas! but.... they all have to be good boys and return.... (Like that happens, no one goes back! lol)

Elder Brennen Horton
elderbrennenhorton.blogspot.com


My Companion and I with Junior

No comments:

Post a Comment