Monday, January 4, 2016

46th Week Out, 26th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Dear family and friends wow 2016 came and went so fast, and what did I do for the new year? I went to sleep! that's right for the first time in 19 years I spent it sleeping #missionarylife.


Anyways this week was great we had 2 baptisms! The first was a young man by the name of Jades I met him one night at a family night he was there with his brother who was a member and I made sure to hop right in and get him to come to church with his brother. He went and loved it, he then assisted a baptism and felt the spirit, we helped him recognize that it was an answer that this is the Church of Jesus Christ and from that day forth he wanted to be baptized, his brother Michael was baptized with him Saturday night and he was confirmed Sunday. 

We had another baptism for a man named David. his younger brother is a member and this man David has been receiving the missionary's for over 1 year but never was baptized. We passed by this last month and helped him have a desire to be baptized, taught very simple principles and always bore our testimonies and this Saturday night he was also baptized by his brother and confirmed Sunday. 

I know that the Lord will bless us when we are keeping the commandments and doing the lords will. To see the fruits of your labors is the best part of the mission! I love Juazeiro Do Norte and I Hope I stay a little longer! 

I love you all and thank you for all your love and support!
-Elder Horton

Elder Horton with Jades
David who was baptized by his younger brother Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment