Monday, January 25, 2016

49th Week Out, 29th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

 Dear Family and Friends This week its still been pouring rain all week and its the best thing ever! I think every night of this week I went to sleep to the sound of rain! Only thing is showers have been really cold! 

Me and my companion worked very hard this week and we helped a man named Pablo to be baptized this Sunday. He is 24 years old and he is the brother to Reginaldo who was baptized a couple weeks ago. Before we found Pablo he had been drinking and using drugs and just everything bad. EVERYONE here in the city of Juazeiro knows him because he would go door to door begging people for money so he could go buy drugs and drink, when I say everyone knows him I'm not exaggerating either!  As we walked with him to the Church Sunday night for his baptism everyone in the road was like "Parabems!" congratulations!, is it really you man? I can't believe it! "Oh what a blessing from God" etc... Pablo was baptized and after he came up out of the waters his smile was so big he even started clapping his hands! and who baptized him? "Junior!" My recent convert from a month ago who has been staying FIRM! he received the Priesthood 2 weeks ago and this Sunday he go to use it as he baptized Pablo! I'm so happy for the blessing I have to be here In Juazeiro there's no other place id like to be, It will be hard to leave here 1 day! 

I love you all and thank you all for all your love and support!
-Elder Horton

Impressions of Brasil Juazeiro

  • NO ONE ever has gas I swear every car I get into that little light that says you have no gas is always on in everyones car and sometimes the meter goes past the empty line! and when people fill their cars up they never fill them up all the way they will just put in like 10 dollars for a couple miles.

Junior on the far right baptizing Pablo in the middle.

What a great feeling to see you baptize someone and then they use their new Priesthood to baptize their friend.
Elder Azevedo's time grows short as we celebrate hard work with fun comfort food!




No comments:

Post a Comment