Monday, April 18, 2016

61st Week Out, Week 9 Mondubim, "Baptizing Success and Adventures of Omnibuses"

Dear Family and friends this week was super great! Remember Andre and Joao Vitor who were baptized last week! Well this week we baptized their dad Sergio! This week I also did a division and during the division we found an old man who was blind walking in the middle of the street all alone. Obviously lost we extended our arm to him and helped him make it to a supermarket where we found someone who knew him. When we were about to leave he asked, are you guys Mormon?  Like we didn’t say anything about the church and he couldn’t see, so that was pretty cool! Elder Anastacio my companion we are very similar in many things and he loves to have fun like I do! We are both very laid back and getting along just great. I love my mission And I love Mondubim.  I love you all and thank you for all your love and support!


Impressions of Mondubim Brasil
-Here in Brasil the bus transit is CRAZY I know I have said this in the past but let me explain a little better why now; so the omnibuses here are so freaking loaded that there's people on top of everyone for example like yesterday I was waiting at the bus stop and the bus shows up completely loaded like people hanging out the door loaded! And there was this man like pressed up against the roof above everyone with a bell and when the door opened to get in, he started ringing the bell like LETS GO! GET IN! PARTY! LETS SEE HOW LOADED THIS BUS CAN GET!  Lol and like just to get out of this bus people will be working together like 10 to 15 people will have to get off and get back in just so you can get off. Also pulling the string to stop this bus does not work you have to scream like HEY! I NEED TO GET OFF! HEY! And even then sometimes it dosen't work lol. And ON TOP of all this madness there will be people that enter the bus to sell candy to everyone! they will put a piece of candy in everyones hand and then scream IS THERE SOMEONE BLESSED OF GOD THAT WILL BUY MY PRODUCT? Like wow people are desperate to make 5 cents, you spent more money to enter the bus than you sold on the bus… but yea everyone buys candy! I do to who wouldn’t?

No comments:

Post a Comment