Monday, May 25, 2015

15th Week Out, 9th week in Arkansas Greenwood. I have a set date to leave for Brazil!


Dear family and friends;  (I lost all my pictures this week... very sad)

Not much to report this week.  I had an interview with my Mission President where I found out that I leave for Brazil on June 16th!

This week I was able to preform a lot of service!  We moved a member in our ward, rototilled a garden for a less active,  lifted a 500 lb. metal fan, and much more.  Out here I seem to do a lot of work with the less actives.  We have 600 people on the records, but less than 100 are active.  I visit less actives ever day and do all I can to invite them with love to come back to church.

Man we had to drive 40 miles the other day just for a dinner!  Me and my companion did not have a dinner Saturday night and decided to go out and eat at a mexican restaurant. When we asked for the check, someone had payed for our dinner!

This week it flooded here pretty bad!  It rained and rained and rained and there was flood warnings all day!  A town in my area even had a "threat to life flood" as the whole town was under water!  CRAZY!  I love you all!  Thanks for all of your love and support!

Impressions of Greenwood Arkansas

  1. EVERYONE has tornado shelters!
  2. Many people live in trailers (some are pretty nice, but most are scary!)
  3. I no longer need a bike with 50 square miles to cover.
  4. I saw a power pole EXPLODE!  Need I say more?

Worst flooding here in years!  Picture taken May 25th, 2015.  17 inches of rain this month and it is not stopping.
Flash flood warnings.  Tornado Warnings -- Sometimes we have to sit in the tub for safety when we get a tornado warning!


No comments:

Post a Comment