Saturday, October 10, 2015

34th Week Out, 14th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Dear family and Friends;

This week we didn't have much time to work due to General Conference, and we also had a Mission Conference as well so not much to report.  I have been spiritually filled and uplifted this week and I would strongly suggest anyone who did not have the opportunity to watch Conference to watch it recorded!  It was very spiritual as Elders; Rasband, Stevenson, and Renlund were sustained as new Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I was lucky to be able to assist all the sessions of Conference in English, along with some other Americans.  We all crammed into the little clerks office!

This past Sunday made me step back and look at my life and realize how my Portuguese has improved.  I talk with just about everyone with no problem.  I can always seem to explain what I want to say.  I understand what people are saying.  I know that through my efforts of studying and correcting myself, that Heavenly Father is blessing me for my efforts.  There's no way I could have done this on my own.

It was funny to see new Americans arrive this week at the Mission Conference who were in the same position I was when I first got here.

Brothers and sisters I know my Heavenly Father is with me.  I thank you for all your prayers, and for all your love and support!  I know that it's blessing me!

Impressions of Juazeiro Brasil

  • Everyone wars soccer jerseys for T-shirts everyday.

Address:
Rua Republica da Armenia 765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-CE
Brazil

(Note mail in Brazil is regulated as you might have heard, packages and even letters have a high chance of being opened if you do not cover the letter or package in pictures of Jesus and Catholic Mary. Shipping takes about a month time sometimes longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment