Monday, October 12, 2015

35th Week Out, 15th week in Juazeiro Fortaleza

Dear family and friends this week I have hit 8 months! man time is picking up speed!
Transfers come today but I want to stay here! I love my area, I love my companion, I love this people! I know 1 day I will have to leave, but it will be a hard day. This week me and my companion worked hard on making new investigators because our teaching pool was running low. We found 27 new firm people this week. 2 of which said they WILL go to church this sunday unless they die. They have so many missionaries from this litte Ramo (group) serving in the field! 10! its such a strong Ramo and I love seeing it grow! To experience people being baptized and confirmed every sunday is deffinetly not the normal from home. I loved fast sunday here in brasil like allways! its amazing to see so many people get up and bear their simple but strong testimonies of how they know this church is true. Me and my companion had a lot of rejection this week. We had a baptism planned this sunday but the day before he slammed his gate in our face and told us never to come back. But despite the rejection we face I can say with all my heart that this is worth it! I add my FIRM testimony that I know this churchy is true, I dont just really think so... I KNOW its true and its something NO ONE can take from me! My answer came as I got down on my knees and offered a simple prayer and asked heavenly father if it was true.,I didnt see some pilar of light or hear gods voice but I had a simple answer that I cant deny. I know everyone can recive an answer! and thats why im here to help people know of this truth! I love you all and thank you for all your love and support!

Impressions of Juazeiro Brasil
-Everyone loves bannanas! they have bannana everything here! (fried bannana, the lists are endless) and the best part is you can just grab bannanas off the trees here as your walking around!

I asked the RAIO here if i could take a picture with them! the RAIO is sweet its like a special military force that deals with drug trafficing. they use bullet proof black clothes and ride around on motorcycles through town in a group of 4 and 1 has a big assult rifle. if you have never heard of the RAIO before look them up on the internets its very cool to see them in action!

City of Jauzeiro

All the kids in the streets here and from their roof tops fly Pipas (kites) Pipas are a huge cultural thing here in Brasil! I walk by kids every day flying Pipas! They even have wars here with kites and they will try and cut eachothers lines. So Thago taught me how to make and fly a pipa this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment