Monday, November 16, 2015

40th Week Out, 20th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

Dear family and Friends;

This week was a special week. I now have 9 months on my mission!  Times flying!  I have had pizza for the last 4 nights!

So this week we reactivated a member here and this member wasn't just like all the others.  He was a leader in the church here, but he fell away.  We got to his house and he had just about every book, pamphlet, movie, card you name it he had it all!  He is a very intelligent man.  He was a leader in the district here which is like a counselor in the stake presidency.  He is married in the temple with his wife and has 2 little girls, but his wife and girls are all active.  Just him that went inactive.  We stopped by and we talked with him.  Me and Elder Correa knew we didn't know as much doctrine as him so we went in and simply bore our testimonies how we KNOW this church is true.  The spirit in that lesson was so strong! I know he felt is as I looked at this man tears running down his face.  He thanked us so much for stopping by, and Sunday he was a church with his wife and 2 little girls!

This Sunday I also had the opportunity to watch my recent convert Cicero baptize 2 of his kids; Rafael (25years old) and Fernanda (9 years old).   We have been teaching his family about eternal families and that it's our goal for them to be sealed together 1 day in the temple!  I know that ONLY through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, families can be together forever!  This is why I came, this is why I'm here.  Oh how lucky am I to have these experiences.

Thank you all for all your love and support!

Impressions of Juazeiro Brasil
- People here don't stop at stop signs, they just honk when their getting close to let you know their going!


Address:
Rua Republica da Armenia 765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-CE
Brazil
(Note mail in Brazil is regulated as you might have heard, packages and even letters have a high chance of being opened if you do not cover the letter or package in pictures of Jesus and Catholic Mary. Shipping takes about a month time sometimes longer.

-- 
Elder Brennen Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment