Monday, November 2, 2015

38th Week Out, 18th week in Juazeiro, Fortaleza

This week we had mission conference in Fortaleza with the whole mission so we had to take the 10 hour bus ride there and another 10 hours back again but it was really cool to see all the missionaries I knew! 

This Sunday Bruno was confirmed a member and he also received the Aaronic Priesthood. We had a baptism Sunday for a man by the name of Cicero. I have been working with him now for two months and he finally made the decision he wanted to be baptized. I found him one day as I was passing by houses of less actives and he had moved into the house.  He let us come in and share a message with him.  We invited him to church that Sunday and he went. After that we started passing by but it was 
difficult, he wasn't at church because he got a new job working as a motorcycle taxi driver.  He was on call so we couldn't never find a time he was home.  We found out that he was there in the mornings, so this week we passed by every morning, sacrificed our studies, and taught him.  He received an answer to his prayers in a dream.  His dream was that he was in a chapel (the exact chapel here which he had never seen yet).  He was looking for me but he had forgot my name.  He found me in the middle of a group of people and he said I was waving to come.  

I know he received an answer this church is true. I know he feels in his heart this church is true and asked me to baptize him this Sunday.  He has his wife and 6 kids and he is determined to bring them to the truth of this church that he now has.  I know that everyone receives answers in different ways, not everyones answer comes in a dream, mine didn't. But it definitely comes. I 'm grateful for the knowledge I have that I to KNOW this church is true.  I love you all and thank you for your love and support!

Impressions of Juazeiro Brasil

  • They don't have trash cans here for the garbage man, sometimes there's small crates but just about everyone here makes a pile of trash in the middle of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment